beach ball

More
16 years 5 months ago #8736 by vb4life
Replied by vb4life on topic beach ball
"and all of the names listed above were college all-americans."

Yeah...College All-Americans who WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH to be on Men's National Team...They went to the AVP because they were clearly good, but not good enough to play where the real deal was.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
16 years 5 months ago #8737 by rocballd
Replied by rocballd on topic beach ball
One time I met LeBron James.

More
16 years 5 months ago #8738 by Dirty Sanchez
Replied by Dirty Sanchez on topic beach ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vb4life</i>

"and all of the names listed above were college all-americans."

Yeah...College All-Americans who WEREN'T GOOD ENOUGH to be on Men's National Team...They went to the AVP because they were clearly good, but not good enough to play where the real deal was.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Who weren't good enough for the mens national team?

You are an idiot.....this discussion is dead.....Hey pancakes....tell them to pull the car around......we have to go....this guy is a complete idiot.....

Get the "ID 10 T" sticker and slap it on his forehead.....

lambert, nygaard, romaine.....these guys played in the olympics

I think they might be good enough....

and Davenport has been on the AVP tour for almost ten years now.....of course he has another job though.....its only a 5 month season.....

You buffalo dorks wouldnt understand good volleyball unless it fell straight out of Pierce's Butt.....which is most of what you guys believe.....

so lost.....

Pancakes....saturday!

More
16 years 5 months ago #8739 by meathelmet
Replied by meathelmet on topic beach ball
Vb4life and buffalo buddies, please compile a list for me of indoor players that have made a complete living from it. While you are busy wasting your time, let me straighten things out.... This list is dedicated to DW, because he loves numbered lists.....

1. I have never seen or heard of you
2. Until you prove you have game....you have no game.
3. You cannot, unless you are phenomenal player, make any kind of living of either beach or indoor volleyball as a career. The top professionals in Europe, in their peak performance years (usually 3-4 seasons tops), can pull down some good money, then become a coach. The top beach players can play for more seasons, but accumulate less cash per season, putting them in the same financial boat.
4. Dax Holdren didn't want his wife at the olympics, so came up with the great idea to tell her the only way they'd have enough money for a ticket was to have a fundraiser, thinking she wouldn't go for it..... I guess it backfired. Poor poor Dax...never a moment off the leash.....
5. No one, NO ONE will ever be as good as Karch? Go play with your closet shrine...and be careful with those candles. Greatness will rise again, who knows from where or when....
6. After further review of your previous posts, I agree with Dirty....you are living in a moronic dream land.....maybe you can come play in a tournament and I'll be kind enough to pack you...

More
16 years 5 months ago #8740 by Dirty Sanchez
Well said ....well spoken.....

• Voice of Reason
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 5 months ago #8741 by Voice of Reason
Replied by Voice of Reason on topic beach ball
Wait a minute. Am I reading this right?

A "Toolbox" from Buffalo running his mouth with no facts and no game to back it up.........I think we have all seen this before.

I will put an end to this once and for all. You can call your boys, Brady and Klien, and tell them that I will pay them $400 of my $$$ if they can beat me and my partner. We will play by the standard AVP rules, use the AVP ball and play a three set match to 21.

This is not a bet! If they win, they get $400. If I win, YOU SHUT UP!

Do we have a deal????

More
16 years 5 months ago #8742 by Dirty Sanchez
I cant thin of any two players from Buffalo that could win that bet......Billy " Farmer" Schultz....and ?????

Ptak?
Rosowski?
Burkstaller?
Omerhadsik?

I would rate Syracuse way above any team from Buffalo.....in the sand

More
16 years 5 months ago #8743 by pancakes
Replied by pancakes on topic beach ball
keep your money voice, they have to work their way up, just like everyone else.

and when they get jacked up in pool play, they can have front row seats to watch you, me and sanchez, in the finals.

sanchez.....saturday!

PEACE!

More
16 years 5 months ago #8744 by vb4life
Replied by vb4life on topic beach ball
Once again I am the only one going against the grain with my posts. No matter how great the points I make are, it will make no effect on any one of you, solely because you think you are the top notch players of *ROCHESTER** and ***SYRACUSE** ooooo. It's comical that you not only think, but KNOW that you are better than anyone that ever speaks on this board. Cocky? Oops I hate those damn rhetorical questions. I may completely prove you wrong, but 5 other people on the board will come back and still attempt to prove me wrong. The only real reason I do love posting against the grain is for self-satisfaction. It doesn't matter how right I am on any certain point, it will not make any real effect on you because you "know" (not think) that you are better than me at volleyball, even if that clearly has no relation to the posts at hand. It's just like any indoor team from Buffalo against a Rochester team - The only chance the Rochester team has is if it's 1v6...Hmm

• Voice of Reason
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
16 years 5 months ago #8745 by Voice of Reason
Replied by Voice of Reason on topic beach ball
I am giving you a chance to PROVE me wrong. I am not saying I am better than you or any of your Buffalo Boys, I am simply giving you an opportunity to win some money or to shut up.

The offer still stands........what do you think?

• Pringo95
  • Topic Author
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
16 years 5 months ago #8746 by Pringo95
Replied by Pringo95 on topic beach ball
Maybe if Jon Brady or Joe Klein were on this message board then you wouldn't be completely wasting your time. Most people know that vb4life isn't either one of them two and I pretty much realize that you are talking out of your a s s saying that you would pay 400 dollars if you got beat. So just end coffee talk and realize this game probably will never happen. This has become more of an indoor/beach discussion booyees.

More
16 years 5 months ago #8749 by 3 Man
Replied by 3 Man on topic beach ball
"You are an idiot.....this discussion is dead.....Hey pancakes....tell them to pull the car around......we have to go....this guy is a complete idiot....."

Cool down tough guy, if you can't reply without stooping to childish name calling than maybe you should just stop posting.

The reason there aren't as many good beach teams from B-lo is because beach just isn't as popular there. They don't really have a good beach to play on. B-lo has however, always had a strong indoor tradition, therefore there's less motivation for those players to move to the beach game.

A Foolish Consistency is the Hobgoblin of Little Minds ~R.W. Emerson

More
16 years 5 months ago #8750 by Dirty Sanchez
Stronger indoor tradition.....hows this for a response......Bufallo has no indoor game.......great....go place second ever ten years in JOs but how many mens teams have cracked the top twenty....ever?

have you ever gone to mens nationals......Bufallo doesnt ever strike anyone as a favorite.......

Christ....Wisconsin has far surpassed Bufallo in tradition.......

Just keep sending your one or two players a year to DI and watch them sitting the bench.....and keep it at a level two....

Scott Green....you did well this year....congrats....
Jeff Ptak ....Hes good
The Guys who can actually play Mens Open Empires.....much respect....
Im not gonna go back to the old days of real scoring......

end of list....

Same can be said for Rochester indoors......

But this is about the beach.....Rochester is just better.....Syracuse second....Elmira third.....Somewhere near Turning Stone fourth...
Bufallo...honorable mention....

More
16 years 5 months ago #8751 by Retired
Replied by Retired on topic beach ball
Tupper lake 2nd ...Ritter can school pancakes... :-)

<b>Diane Kron Online</b> | beach volleyball | Rochester beach volleyball

4 out of 3 kids are bad at math.

More
16 years 5 months ago #8752 by Retired
Replied by Retired on topic beach ball
Always gotta be an east-coast - west-coast beef.

4 out of 3 kids are bad at math.

Time to create page: 0.088 seconds