Section V predictions

More
13 years 10 months ago #22717 by vballbeast
Replied by vballbeast on topic Section V predictions
i believe rush is losing only one starter also and i remeber them beating gates twice quite handily

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22718 by volleyball1
Replied by volleyball1 on topic Section V predictions
Kyle Mars also missed most of the season, Rush does not have a Kyle Mars on their team or anyone close for that matter.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22719 by Rhino14
Replied by Rhino14 on topic Section V predictions
I've already met my ruler smacking quota for the school year. Have to start fresh next year. Speaking from a section 6 standpoint...the teams
I'd worry about the most for next year...

Fairport, Penfield, Midlakes, McQuaid.....based on what I saw last year.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22720 by vballperson
Replied by vballperson on topic Section V predictions
i thought rush had some fairly powerful middles last year

More
13 years 10 months ago #22721 by koolaid
Replied by koolaid on topic Section V predictions
CHOCOLATE RAINNNNN

SOME SOME STAY DRY BUT MOST WILL FEEL THE PAINNNNNN

Just a sample of the warm-up CD that TI recently put together for Kyle Mars personally. This is most definitely the line that Kyle Mars will drop frequently before dropping the hammer on all the Gates Chili haters...

More
13 years 10 months ago #22722 by vballperson
wow that has to be the most ridiculous post on this forum and that is saying something

More
13 years 10 months ago #22724 by vballier
Replied by vballier on topic Section V predictions
Is this going to be Gates' year to bring home the title? Can they compete with the ball control and domination of Penfield?

More
13 years 10 months ago #22729 by vballbeast
Replied by vballbeast on topic Section V predictions
I vote we let gates talk all the talk they want then beat them up on the volleyball court this season

More
13 years 10 months ago #22734 by vballperson
agreed

More
13 years 10 months ago #22736 by molten16
Replied by molten16 on topic Section V predictions
one player although he is a great player cant make a whole team so im agreed as well

More
13 years 10 months ago #22737 by volleyball1
Replied by volleyball1 on topic Section V predictions
So which two-some's are better: Penfield vs. Midlakes

and Rush vs. Gates?

More
13 years 10 months ago #22756 by vvbbaallll
Replied by vvbbaallll on topic Section V predictions
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by volleyball1</i>

Not so quick, Gates returns the whole team from last year minus one starter. They have a legit star in Kyle Mars, a returning setter than played club all year in Zach Benz, and a dominating middle. <b>Good coaching can fill in the rest</b> , but Gates can certainly beat anyone in town.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Did Gates get a new coach?

More
13 years 10 months ago #22795 by digthis
Replied by digthis on topic Section V predictions
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vballbeast</i>

I vote we let gates talk all the talk they want then beat them up on the volleyball court this season
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

i seem to remember last year at the beggining of sectionals when a lot of gates players were on talking about how kyle mars would lead them to a sectional title...and then was promptly swept in the first round by rush. at a neutral site...wasnt even a home match. kyle mars played and looked lost so i hope this offseason he has prepared himself to help lead his team. it was unforunate that he got hurt last year and missed most of the season so well see how they do with a full season.

More
13 years 10 months ago #22796 by koolaid
Replied by koolaid on topic Section V predictions
More than a couple college coaches didnt think that he looked lost at JOs. If kobe bryant sat out for the majority of the year and then came back for the playoffs, do you think he would have led them to the finals...think about it. I say look for a much improved gates squad with kyle at the helm, and not to mention, a brand new facilility in which they can actually play home games in this year and not have to be on the road all year.

• Q
  • Visitor
  • Visitor
13 years 10 months ago #22797 by Q
Replied by Q on topic Section V predictions
Actually, I would not say he got hurt..that is more of an illness than an injury. What is next, are you going to chastise cancer survivors for not walking a charity walk fast enough? give the team a break. I would like to see them come back this season and perform like last years posts said they would...and I am not a Gates support either, but I do think they have an excellent coach and several great players....let get into the season before we place expectations on game results.

Lets all do something now and root for the Western teams heading of to competition in the next couple of weeks....keep the tradition going.

Time to create page: 0.095 seconds