2011 Section V Preseason Rankings

More
10 years 8 months ago #28281 by qwertyuiop
Replied by qwertyuiop on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
I don't recall VBALLfan4life singling out French as his hero? Nevertheless, when is not coming to an off season activities detrimental to the team? I cannot comment on the personal conduct issue because I know nothing of it. Club-wise I know French plays Pace, which is certainly more beneficial than any high-school activities. Who else from Gates plays club besides Gear?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
10 years 8 months ago #28283 by MadSetsDoe
Replied by MadSetsDoe on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
Thier Middle Hilsdorf, Setter Chefalo, and Libero Warren, Vball fan did not single out keith french but him being the most talented of the three one would assume he would want you to be the team leader, Gear will most likely being swinging outside where he is undoubtly more dominant then French, not coming to your school activities like open gym or challenge courts is detrimental because you are not creating cohesion with your teammates, also since when was it impossible to attend both club and school activities

More
10 years 8 months ago #28284 by qwertyuiop
Undoubtedly more dominant than French? French may not be as big as Gear but certainly has better ball control. French has been playing better competition throughout the club season too. Also open gyms and challenge courts at most schools have very little attendance and do not create or promote any near as much teamwork and cohesion as does preseason practices and the fall season as a whole. I never said it was impossible to go to both club and school activities, I was only saying that players benefit much more from playing club than high school. Thus, it would not be that big of a deal to miss these open gyms and challenge courts.

More
10 years 8 months ago #28285 by MadSetsDoe
Gear plays for the 16-1s fir victor the same level of competition French played on last year except he played for a 2s team and gear dominates that level. And he has only played for a year! Gear has played MB for his victor team so he has not even displayed any of his passing talent yet. And besides that who is setting at spencerport? Might as well have French set too

More
10 years 8 months ago #28286 by That_Many
Replied by That_Many on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
Why isn't Gates in te same Division as Spencerport, Churchville, Brockport and Hilton? It seems like it woud be a good fit for them, and Spencerport could beat them twice instead of once.

More
10 years 8 months ago #28288 by MadSetsDoe
ignorant ^ A. they are in the same division B. the spencerport team will be lucky to win two games all year

More
10 years 8 months ago #28289 by vball brah
Replied by vball brah on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
Gates has the better team next year. Keith French is better than any player on Gates though, for he does have the most experience and best ball control, which is shown when he plays.

More
10 years 8 months ago #28315 by That_Many
Replied by That_Many on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
qwertyuiop is the man.

• volleyballkid2010
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #28352 by volleyballkid2010
Replied by volleyballkid2010 on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
Rabidoux (Pace16-1s), French, Jongsma(Pace 17-1s), Alex Kavlich(Victor 17 2's) and another player who'se name i don't know, a late season add to the pace 16-2s are all playing better ball than any player on gates. Spencerport will be a good team next year, hovering in the .750's . If they lose to Gates i will be EXTREMELY shocked. I'd bet them winning the division, and going to the Sectional Semi's/Finals depending on when they run into McQ .

vball

vball

• volleyballdaddy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
10 years 7 months ago #28355 by volleyballdaddy
Replied by volleyballdaddy on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
All this talk about Spencerport and Gates that have good hitters. Who are their setters and passers, because without that you can't go far.

More
10 years 7 months ago #28356 by sickvballerQ
Replied by sickvballerQ on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
Mcquaid is moving down to the B division with Victor. Spencerport should be the favorite to win A Sectionals. They have top level talent all over the court, they are the new kings of Section V Class A Volleyball!

More
10 years 7 months ago #28357 by qwertyuiop
hahahahha ^

More
10 years 7 months ago #28358 by Vballer24
Replied by Vballer24 on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
Either there are many spencerport players in this conversation, or there are people who have never seen the Gates players(Gear) in club.

More
10 years 7 months ago #28360 by OldVBallGuy
Replied by OldVBallGuy on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
Is Spencerport's Jongsma the really tall curly-haired kid?

More
10 years 7 months ago #28361 by VBALLfan4life
Replied by VBALLfan4life on topic 2011 Section V Preseason Rankings
@OldVBallGuy, he is indeed.
And to this dispute over Spencerport, they will not win Class A Sectionals. Penfield, Victor, RH, and McQuaid, if their petition works out, will have a shot. The petition is to get them back into Class A.

Time to create page: 0.082 seconds