Section V Boys V-ball

• Aged
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27465 by Aged
Replied by Aged on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Very well if today's runner-up in Gold is any indication!

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27466 by vball brah
Replied by vball brah on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Victor's libero for today was from their JV team though. I believe that will be their weak spot in other matches because Delong has to set

More
11 years 1 month ago #27467 by OSUvball18
Replied by OSUvball18 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Hey what happened in the penfield tourney? Did McQuaid win and how did Penfield look without cody?

More
11 years 1 month ago #27468 by hsvb
Replied by hsvb on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Penfield results are available at:
http://www.victorboysvolleyball.net/201 ... -schedules

Any idea who won the Bronze final? Score?
Also I understand Gilman beat Webster in the Silver Final. Anybody have the score?

More
11 years 1 month ago #27469 by hsvb
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vball brah</i>

Victor's libero for today was from their JV team though. I believe that will be their weak spot in other matches because Delong has to set
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Libero played great in the matches I saw. Congrats to McQuaid. Strong outing, no doubt. Looks like Victor will be strong again next year. I'm thinking Eden is hoping they will continue to grow (in size) so they move up to Class A.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27470 by Rhino14
Replied by Rhino14 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by hsvb</i>

Penfield results are available at:
http://www.victorboysvolleyball.net/201 ... -schedules

Any idea who won the Bronze final? Score?
Also I understand Gilman beat Webster in the Silver Final. Anybody have the score?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Gilman? Are they from Maryland?

More
11 years 1 month ago #27471 by vball brah
Replied by vball brah on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Still with the matches left in the season he can't play in since he plays JV. So whatever libero they put in now will be less of a passing threat. Great to hear that a player at the JV level can step it up though. Speaks well of Victor

• SymphonyOfDeath
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27472 by SymphonyOfDeath
Replied by SymphonyOfDeath on topic Section V Boys V-ball
or he could just get pulled up.....

More
11 years 1 month ago #27473 by aj28
Replied by aj28 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
What happened to Victors players? even with Dan and Cory sitting, Victor looked tough today, they played hard, and they showed good depth. The seem to still be the team to beat, and the class of class B until someone else can knock them off. They are still very deep, and have great players in the waiting. Obviously they are weaker without two of their top players, but they are still a very dangerous team. How long are they out?

More
11 years 1 month ago #27474 by 123Pjvball
Replied by 123Pjvball on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Victor looked REAL solid all the way around without Glamack and Phillips. They really took it to a West Iron. team who went undefeated in pool play (Rush was in their pool) , in the semis. Congrats to them-the kids who were in uniform today for that squad definitely deserved their success today. Overall from the tournament i'd say Mcq is the clear favorite to be the best team not only in section V, but the State. I'd be very surprised to see if they dropped a game this year.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27475 by statechamp8
Replied by statechamp8 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
First off very well run tourney at Penfield like usual! As far as the jv kid playing libero.... he did a outstanding job esp for not knowing he was playing til 10 last nite. A jv player can play both varsity and jv for up to around 5-7 games dont know the exact limit but around their meaning they can dress for both teams... With the season 2/3 the way done any of the 3 kids they brought up will be able to play both jv and varsity for most of the rest of the season if thats what the coaches decide... I wouldnt say Victor really took it to West Iron... It went to 3 games and was a very fun match and intense. West Irond will be a very very dangerous team at the end of the year in sectionals and as of right now they arent even really depending on their stud middle they are spreading the ball around very well. Come sectionals I would guess they will go to him more often and that to me will be scary because he is the real deal. As a Victor Alumni iam very proud of the Victor team to go through so much adversity and still compete at the highest level of hs volleyball. They did not have a single practice nor did half the team even know til this morning of what went on... With regards to what happend I dont think a public site is the way to here about it or discus seeing that I have already heard over 20 rumors that are completely not true... If you wanna know the truth go to the student athletes that made bad decisions but STOP making up rumors that are completly so off base... The only thing I will clear up is that nobody knows how long anyone will be out or what their punishment might be.. I love all the rumors of all the kids are done for the year and so on... How would anyone know the punishment when they havent even attended class yet since it happend. All in all Iam extremely proud of the Victor team for the kids that dressed up and the kids that are suspended for staying super positive and supporting their teamates through all of this. Lastly if you dont know anything keep it to your self and if you do think to your self that these are student athletes under the age of 18 and we should treat them like that.
-Zac Martin

More
11 years 1 month ago #27476 by hsvb
123Pjvball - Perhaps you mean a "match" since McQ dropped a game to W. Irond on 10/5 ... and they won 2-1 over Victor at Eden.
But I do agree that it is likely that they will go undefeated for the season. Nice stuff.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27478 by Rhino14
Replied by Rhino14 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Didn't McQuaid lose to Frontier at Eden??

• SymphonyOfDeath
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27479 by SymphonyOfDeath
Replied by SymphonyOfDeath on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Right you are ken, they did.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27480 by volleyballsets
Replied by volleyballsets on topic Section V Boys V-ball
I also believe that mcquaid dropped a game to midlakes, though perhaps I am mistaken. From what I hear the tournament went very well... I am excited for the remainder of this season.

Time to create page: 0.092 seconds