Section V Boys V-ball

More
11 years 2 months ago #27601 by HSlover
Replied by HSlover on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Joe Combs are there any more McQuaid matches up on YouTube?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 2 months ago #27603 by JoeCombs
Replied by JoeCombs on topic Section V Boys V-ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by HSlover</i>

Joe Combs are there any more McQuaid matches up on YouTube?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

No, but I'll see what I can do!

More
11 years 2 months ago #27611 by CYObball
Replied by CYObball on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Joe Combs is one of the greatest setters in Section 5 history. Who would win: McQuaid's 2005 team or 2010?

More
11 years 2 months ago #27612 by joebellanca
Replied by joebellanca on topic Section V Boys V-ball
I'm wondering if someone in a position of authority on this website could explain why so many messages having to do with players playing club ball so abruptly disappeared from this thread?

The majority of my players play club ball. I've never apologized for the fact that their (and their parents) willingness and ability to make that year-round commitment makes my program more competitive during the scholastic season.

On a discussion board that allows posts that evaluate the merits of individual players and programs and often results in negativity directed at scholastic players and coaches, and allows posts that openly criticize officiating, I find it curious that posts regarding an analysis of club rosters (which are already in the public domain), and trying to establish the correlation between club participation and scholastic success, have apparently been censored.

Please enlighten me. If your rationale is not for public consumption, my e-mail address can be found in my profile.

Joe Bellanca
RH Varsity Coach

More
11 years 2 months ago #27613 by Mike
Replied by Mike on topic Section V Boys V-ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by joebellanca</i>

I'm wondering if someone in a position of authority on this website could explain why so many messages having to do with players playing club ball so abruptly disappeared from this thread?

The majority of my players play club ball. I've never apologized for the fact that their (and their parents) willingness and ability to make that year-round commitment makes my program more competitive during the scholastic season.

On a discussion board that allows posts that evaluate the merits of individual players and programs and often results in negativity directed at scholastic players and coaches, and allows posts that openly criticize officiating, I find it curious that posts regarding an analysis of club rosters (which are already in the public domain), and trying to establish the correlation between club participation and scholastic success, have apparently been censored.

Please enlighten me. If your rationale is not for public consumption, my e-mail address can be found in my profile.

Joe Bellanca
RH Varsity Coach
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Moderators, this is a reminder that if you feel the need to delete a post, you need to inform me of the content and author of the post. This is the only way I can track potential abuse.

I must be getting old, I remember side out scoring.

I must be getting old, I remember side out scoring.

More
11 years 2 months ago #27614 by AmadeusWolfgang
Replied by AmadeusWolfgang on topic Section V Boys V-ball
What class is Freddie Thomas in? Oscar Pagan seems to be in the paper quite frequently and has to be one of the most consistant players in Section V. Anyone seem them play yet?

More
11 years 2 months ago #27617 by vball05
Replied by vball05 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
I didn't feel my post last night should have got removed...I would also like an explanation please. Thanks

More
11 years 2 months ago #27618 by section5
Replied by section5 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Freddie Thomas is in Class B.

More
11 years 2 months ago #27619 by sam_rabidoux
Replied by sam_rabidoux on topic Section V Boys V-ball
I've seen him play once in a sectional match. He's no Dan Glammack, but he's extremely good and is ALWAYS over looked just because he's on an RCAC team that isn't McQ.

rabs#4

rabs#4

More
11 years 2 months ago #27621 by JoeCombs
Replied by JoeCombs on topic Section V Boys V-ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by CYObball</i>

Joe Combs is one of the greatest setters in Section 5 history. Who would win: McQuaid's 2005 team or 2010?

Thank you, cyobball, whoever you are, for the delusional compliment...

More
11 years 2 months ago #27622 by AmadeusWolfgang
Replied by AmadeusWolfgang on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Now that we pretty much know that McQ is going to be the 1 seed in Class A its a toss up for seeds 2 through 5 between Rush, Irondequoit, Penfield, and Webster. All four teams are very talented and have a shot to make a deep run in the tournament. Any predictions on where these teams will end up come sectional time?

More
11 years 2 months ago #27623 by volleyballsets
Replied by volleyballsets on topic Section V Boys V-ball
It looks like rush will be # 2 and Webster #5. #3 and 4 depend on how the victor-irondequoit match ends up and if penfield beats their next two opponents according to my calculations. I am excited for the sectionals to start.

More
11 years 2 months ago #27624 by HSlover
Replied by HSlover on topic Section V Boys V-ball
sectional semis:
McQuaid vs. Penfield or Webster
Rush Henrietta vs. West Iron.

I feel McQuaid will make finals for sure but the RH-West Iron match up could go either way. Still McQ is beatable so anyone could come out on top. Will be very fun to watch

The Victor Website has the Class A seedings as:
1) McQ
2) RH
3) West Iron
4) Penfield
5) Webster
6) Edison Tech
7) Hilton
8) Brockport
9) Fairport
10) Churchville Chili
11) Spencerport
12) Gates Chili

This is all subject to change since the season is not yet over, and records are not yet permanent.

As for Class B and BB I would guess
Victor vs. Brighton for Class BB
Midlakes vs. Freddie Thomas Class B

More
11 years 2 months ago #27625 by rochvball
Replied by rochvball on topic Section V Boys V-ball
6 Hilton
7 Brockport
8 Edison

The rest is correct. Seeds 3-10 will like change.

More
11 years 2 months ago #27626 by a_dizzle
Replied by a_dizzle on topic Section V Boys V-ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by joebellanca</i>

Joe Bellanca
RH Varsity Coach

Coach Bellanca,

you are a class act as always, now being on the college scene i've been keeping up with this a little(not as much as when i was in hs) i love reading your posts and your willingness to defend players, i agree this site is not for the intention of bringing players down and its very refreshing to see someone step up and defend people, keep up the great work at rh and good luck with your season.

Time to create page: 0.079 seconds