Section V Boys V-ball

More
11 years 1 month ago #27332 by kevolley
Replied by kevolley on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Don't forget that Brighton and Midlakes are not in Class A.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27334 by vballier
Replied by vballier on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Democrat and Chronicle High School Boy's Volleyball Rankings as of October 1st 2010. Here is what the sports writers have compiled:

1. McQuaid
2. Victor
3. Rush
4. Penfield
5. W. Iron
6. Webster
7. Midlakes
8. Fairport
9. Brighton
10. Brockport

• Aged
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27335 by Aged
Replied by Aged on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Rush at Webster at 8 tonight. Could Webster pull an upset? Rush seems to be on a role right now.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27336 by kevolley
Replied by kevolley on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Of course Victor, Midlakes and Brighton are not in the same classes as the rest of them

More
11 years 1 month ago #27337 by That_Many
Replied by That_Many on topic Section V Boys V-ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by volleyballkid2010</i>

i think keith adam sam, and jeff,(their three big hitters and libero) are probably 4 of the top 5 players in that division, (the other being Eric B. Of Brockport). and they probably could take this team farther then expected. only because seeing them in the beginning against churchville and in their last game against fairport the improvement in that team is ridiculous, if they keep getting better at this rate they could be that top 4 sleeper team that nobody see's coming. their weak side is quite a soft spot though. which is why they havent broke through as much as expected. wes turner of fair port and tim ferriter of west irondequiot , and other powerful outsides of webster and such seem to just hit over them everytime. if they patch that spot up we could be looking at a top 4 sleeper.

vball
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

okay, this seems like a pretty bias post. Hilton has a middle and an outside better than all four of these players, while brockport has brawn, chichester, and number 11 (i dont know his name, but i think hes a senior) who are if not atleast equal, better than these players from spencerport. Especially that sam kid. Also in the setter position brockport and webster easily have the strongest two out of Brockport, Spencerpot, Churchville, Hilton, Gates and Webster. But regardless the east side still has a very large advantage.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27338 by CYObball
Replied by CYObball on topic Section V Boys V-ball
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by VB watcher</i>

Victor cannot be stopped this year with Glamack killing the ball the way he does. Phillips is a great setter and as a team, it will take a extremely talented team to beat them. Too much power!!!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Good job Knights.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27339 by volleyballsets
Replied by volleyballsets on topic Section V Boys V-ball
As far as strong team setters go, it looks like mcquaid, victor, penfield, and rush are holding the best. Rush with ackerle, one of the smartest setters in the state, victor with philips, a smart setter with good chemistry with his big hitters, mcq with Odell, one of the taller and more exprienced kids, and penfield with sprage, an underclassman with potential despite his lack of experience and height. The Webster tournament (not sure who's in it at this point) will probably reveal some good chemistry between setters and hitters of these top schools.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27340 by 123Pjvball
Replied by 123Pjvball on topic Section V Boys V-ball
West Iron. wins Webster tournament with a 2-0 victory over Penfield in the finals.
Semis: Penfield over Fairport, West. Iron over Eden
Quarters: Penfield over OP, Fairport over St. Francis, West Iron. over Brockport, Eden over Webster

Saw some great matches today. All teams played very well.

• volleyballkid2010
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27349 by volleyballkid2010
Replied by volleyballkid2010 on topic Section V Boys V-ball
i think spencerport could pull an upset and shock everybody, its all a matter of seeing it come together, beacause that team has the talent, the coaching, and the desire.

on the best players in the division i did over look chichester on accident, but i would say that he and sam from spencerport , are just about neck and neck for the 5th best in that division . the fact is the outside from hilton is not supported by a strong enough team . Chichester and sam i think are about the same. Sam from spencerport is a dominant blocker and comes through when his team needs it most, a clutch player who preforms well under pressure. Chichester is much better defensively though, but i have seen him have his down moments in pressure situations, but i have also seen him add a lot of stability in that team, never having a truly off day as sam does from time to time. I know that Sam is a sophmore, and i think shane is too. Which makes me believe the reason that they both have some consistency issues is because of them being younger and playing up.

I think they're both great volleyball players, and respect the talent they both have at such a young age. i think they're the future dominant powers in their division in the coming years.

vball

vball

More
11 years 1 month ago #27350 by paperandpen
Replied by paperandpen on topic Section V Boys V-ball
What divisions? Those kids are not nearly as good as anyone on mcquaid or rush. What are the divisions??

More
11 years 1 month ago #27351 by That_Many
Replied by That_Many on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Chichester is a junior and i agree with you that Spencerport has a great coach and Chichester and Sam may not be as good as the players from Rush or Mcquaid, but they are being compared to teams on the west side, not the east side so when we are saying divisions we mean the west side division with the teams-Spencerport, Hilton , Brockport, Gates, and Churchville.

• Aged
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27353 by Aged
West Irondequoit at McQuaid tomorrow, Tuesday at 6:00. Sounds like a good one.

More
11 years 1 month ago #27354 by paperandpen
Replied by paperandpen on topic Section V Boys V-ball
Is O'Dell playing??

• Aged
  • Topic Author
  • Gold Boarder
  • Gold Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27356 by Aged
I have heard he is available if needed.

• volleyballdaddy
  • Junior Boarder
  • Junior Boarder
More
11 years 1 month ago #27357 by volleyballdaddy
Replied by volleyballdaddy on topic Section V Boys V-ball
The other BIG match this week...............
Victor at Rush this Friday at 6:00.

Time to create page: 0.075 seconds