USA HP Championships! WEVA Represents

• jet
  • Topic Author
  • Platinum Boarder
  • Platinum Boarder
More
9 years 11 months ago #30696 by jet
http://usavolleyball.org/news/article/14584

Well is was another banner year for WEVA in representing our region not only as clubs at Nationals but as individuals at the High Performance USA Championships in Ft. Lauderdale.

I was lucky enough to watch a bit of all our girls and boys from Roch/Buff play and they did not disappoint Every player was a starter or integral part of their teams make up.

Congrats to the following
Girls :
Girls Youth A2 team - Lauren Metzger North Tonawanda/NFVB
Girls Youth Continental team - Bridget Shanahan - Roy-hart/NFVB
Girls Select Continental Team - Kendall Pierce - Eden - NFVB

Boys
Boys Select A1 teams - Etan Bennet - Pace
Boys Select A1 teams - Dan glamack - Victor/Pace
Boys Select Continental Team - Nick McDonagh - Lake Shore/Eden
Boys Youth Continental Teams - Evan Acafora - Frontier/Eden
Boys Youth Continental Teams - John Jepson - Canisius /Eden
Boys Youth A2 Teams - Robart Page - Victor/Pace
Boys Youth A2 Teams - Tom Comfort - OP/Eden

Highlights -
Bridget Shanahan's team made it to Youth Natianal Gold Bracket
Kendall Pierce's team won the Youth National Bronze
Nick McDonagh set his team to the Finals of the National Youth Division taking 2nd

Robart Page helped his white team to the finals of the International Youth Division where he was named Best Blocker
Tom Comforts was superb in leading his Blue team to the International Youth title with a 3-0 win over the White Team .

He was named MVP of that Tournament! WOW!

Tom's career is also highlighted with being named to the All American team for both Volleyball Magazine and the AVCA teams. He was named Fab 50 and also Named best HS Volleyball player in Buffalo/WNY by the Buffalo sports Committee/fans ......buffalofanawards.com......btw where Max Lipsitz was nominated as the Male Collegiate Athlete of the year.....cool stuff!

Lastly I was able to speak with many of the players coaches listed above and they had nothing but glowing reports of our athletes as players and more important as young men and women.

Again Congrats to you all !

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 11 months ago #25131 by OP
Replied by OP on topic USA HP Championships! WEVA Represents
Gotta Love it man! Great stuff. We really are starting to re-establish this area as a national recruiting
hotbed for boys. Don't think it really ever stopped but, boy we are really shining at this time!

Looks like and sounds like the girls are starting to make a HUGE mark nationally too! I'm woking my 3 yr old daughter (Logann, yes after Ms. Tom, tricked my wife!) with balloons and mini volleyballs!!

Lex
OP
Eden

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

Time to create page: 0.170 seconds