NCAA eligiblity

• avbfan
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #30792 by avbfan
NCAA eligiblity was created by avbfan
IF a volleyball club offered reduced or waived fees to an elite player to lure them to their club, could it negatively impact the player's future college eligibility?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 8 months ago #25888 by Aged
Replied by Aged on topic NCAA eligiblity
I think it would be more subtle than that. A scholarship or asking them to help with a younger team or the involved parent being made a parent rep could reduce their fee. Or maybe someone else would pick up their fee. Really no way to police that kind of thing.

More
9 years 8 months ago #25889 by tootall4178
Replied by tootall4178 on topic NCAA eligiblity
One time I was involved with a middle that we really wanted...we promissed him a car, but his performance was so pathetic we gave him a Daewoo!!!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Aged</i>

I think it would be more subtle than that. A scholarship or asking them to help with a younger team or the involved parent being made a parent rep could reduce their fee. Or maybe someone else would pick up their fee. Really no way to police that kind of thing.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

More
9 years 8 months ago #25902 by OP
Replied by OP on topic NCAA eligiblity
No. These are private clubs. If the club was incorporated, maybe. Not a cool thing, but it could happen in girls.
in boys we can hardly get players to come out for the sport

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by avbfan</i>

IF a volleyball club offered reduced or waived fees to an elite player to lure them to their club, could it negatively impact the player's future college eligibility?
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

• shane cassell 25
  • Fresh Boarder
  • Fresh Boarder
More
9 years 8 months ago #25908 by shane cassell 25
Replied by shane cassell 25 on topic NCAA eligiblity
True story Lex

More
9 years 8 months ago #26326 by NUVB
Replied by NUVB on topic NCAA eligiblity
As long as the club had no coaches or administrators associated with college teams it could happen. What's to stop a large business from donating a few thousand dollars to a club.... that might be enough to support a team's registration and tournament entry fees right?

Time to create page: 0.176 seconds