1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus

More
9 years 5 months ago #26768 by vball712
Replied by vball712 on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
There are results now on the FX website for this tournament, under the Hocus Pocus tourney link.<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by volleygurl</i>

Where will the rest of the tournament results be posted. Nets was only part of the tournament correct??
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
9 years 5 months ago #26769 by jet
Replied by jet on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
I don't see pool play and playoffs scores....those are most helpful.

More
9 years 5 months ago #26770 by vball712
Replied by vball712 on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
Previous posts indicate the tournament ran smoothly, except for lack of posting results, including pool play and playoffs. I don't believe I've ever seen FX post results on this site. Why don't you just go to the source and ask the club for the information? (Buffalo may be more efficient in this area but they probably have more manpower too.)

More
9 years 5 months ago #26771 by jet
Replied by jet on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
will do thanks.....and understood

More
9 years 5 months ago #26772 by Barre
Replied by Barre on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vball712</i>

Previous posts indicate the tournament ran smoothly, except for lack of posting results, including pool play and playoffs. I don't believe I've ever seen FX post results on this site.

No one said tourney didn't run smoothly. People running tourneys around here probably have it figured out by now. Lots of club people roam this site--it's as good place as any (since it is a vball community message board) to inquire about results.
earlier posters had asked for the same.

Anyway, thanks for the info vball712.

More
9 years 5 months ago #26776 by champ
Replied by champ on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
Good luck to all teams going to Dayton this weekend....represent NY well...

More
9 years 5 months ago #26777 by rochvball
Replied by rochvball on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
And those going to Columbus.

More
9 years 5 months ago #26778 by Kingofthehill
Replied by Kingofthehill on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
We (Premiere), as well as Xtreme 18-1, are going to Capitol Hill in DC. Braving the snow-but it should be fine. We'll see how it turns out, should be pretty cool. And, almost the same driving distance as Columbus...

More
9 years 5 months ago #26781 by hoser
Replied by hoser on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Kingofthehill</i>

We (Premiere), as well as Xtreme 18-1, are going to Capitol Hill in DC. Braving the snow-but it should be fine. We'll see how it turns out, should be pretty cool. And, almost the same driving distance as Columbus...

As are Xtreme 16-1s and 15-1s. Yeah, why go west (Columbus/Dayton) when you can go south (DC). DOH!

“If you don't invest very much, then defeat doesn't hurt very much and winning is not very exciting.â€￾ Dick Vermeil

More
9 years 5 months ago #26782 by rochvball
Replied by rochvball on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
Hope it is still going on. They have 5 feet of snow.

More
9 years 5 months ago #26783 by avbfan
Replied by avbfan on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rochvball</i>

Hope it is still going on. They have 5 feet of snow.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">It is still on, website with "realtime results" : http://capitolhillvolleyball.com/

More
9 years 5 months ago #26784 by vb101
Replied by vb101 on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
Surprised no one is going to Las Vegas.
Probably less expensive and definitely would provide more exposure and quality competition.
For some reason the parents have a great time there, too. Can't imagine why.

More
9 years 5 months ago #26785 by Kingofthehill
Replied by Kingofthehill on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vb101</i>

Probably less expensive and definitely would provide more exposure and quality competition.

For us---flying. The thought will take some getting used to from our families. Also, as teachers, can't take the day before a break off.

More
9 years 5 months ago #26786 by raider1
Replied by raider1 on topic 1st NETS Tourney: Hocus Pocus
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vb101</i>

Would LOVE to send a team or two to Vegas at some point, but...
1. At a mass tourney like that one, a northeast club team can get lost in a cavernous gym as far as exposure goes. You are competing with SO many teams to be seen. More is NOT always better.
2. Exposure to which schools?--lots of West, Southwest, and Far Midwest schools will definitely be there, but these are likely not schools our kids will attend. Of course, recruiters from other parts of the country will be there as well, but they often stop by Dayton, Chicago, Omaha as well. Many have already emailed us saying they will be there, and a number of our kids are making school visits on the front or back end of the tourney. The college coach list at Dayton each year is pretty good.
3. Can't complain about playing against KIVA, MAVA, Team Z, NKYVB, Ace-Maverick, CVC, Renaissance, Piedmont, Circle City, Beach Elite, legacy, Durham Attack (Canadian Champs), IVA (Iowa), Far Out, Cincy Classics, St. Louis CYC, among others. Competition for the price of entry, travel, and hotels is hard to beat.
4. As we try to keep costs down in these tough times, early big budget tourneys like Vegas can be prohibitive. Driving to 2-day, inexpensive affair at Dayton has served us well here for the past 7 years. VFX is also giving it a shot this year after doing the Earlybird for the past number of years. That tourney is now defunct.

Still, I'd like us to give it a shot one of these upcoming years.

Time to create page: 0.202 seconds