It's On!

More
8 years 7 months ago #28062 by JOD
Replied by JOD on topic It's On!
Team Fresh comprised of Fairport volleyball players was an extremely high point in the tournament yesterday at Monroe. For a team to come together all from one school district and win games against other club teams is a big deal. I know the players, parents, and coaches left proud of their accomplishments.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
8 years 7 months ago #28063 by jet
Replied by jet on topic It's On!
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by zenvball</i>

I will agree with Jet that the Monroe site looked a little ugly at times yesterday, but I think the circumstances of the tournament may be partly to blame. At the high end, Pace 16-1 played "up" at the Naz site leaving only two other 16-1 teams at Monroe. At the low end was a local Fairport team made up of players as young as 7th grade. In the middle was a collection of 2s teams and 15s teams at a variety of skill levels. Though it may not have been the best looking play I've seen, it was a great opportunity for a lot of inexperienced players and teams to get their collective feet wet.

Understanding that we are only one small tournament in, I have to put Pace 14-1, 15-1, and 16-1 a little ahead of the pack.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Let me clarify.....as you read this wrong. I wasn't at Monroe ....didn't have a chance to really get any report at all.....so I can't comment on anything as far as level of play.
but
Again of what I saw at Naz I was encouraged to see some solid competitive ball.

• zenvball
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
8 years 7 months ago #28064 by zenvball
Replied by zenvball on topic It's On!
Agreed! I told my wife that of all the teams there, they probably had the most positive outcome of the tournament. Very impressive.

• zenvball
  • Topic Author
  • Senior Boarder
  • Senior Boarder
More
8 years 7 months ago #28065 by zenvball
Replied by zenvball on topic It's On!
Sorry Jet, my previous reply was to JOD about Team Fresh.

More
8 years 6 months ago #28112 by VBPlayah
Replied by VBPlayah on topic It's On!
I think this year, Victor and Pace will be pretty evenly matched. Who are some of the top club players from these teams in each age group?

More
8 years 6 months ago #28113 by vball brah
Replied by vball brah on topic It's On!
Victor 15's beat the Pace 15-1's in gold semi's which is a huge accomplishment.
Pace 16-1's however won the CanAm flawlessly while the Victor 16-1's lost first round of gold to MAVC.
The Pace 17s won the silver bracket. The Victor 17s lost first round of gold.
Victor 18's lost to Pace 18's in first round of gold.

It is a very even year between the two clubs, but progress will be made in both clubs.

Time to create page: 0.178 seconds